Friday, September 27, 2013

Caught in the truth

Sometimes people think they have uncovered a great secret, and when I don't play into their game they are confused and dumbstruck momentarily. I quite enjoy these instances.

Sweet (and sick) receptionist: Good morning, how can I help you?

Mr. know-it-all: Yeah, I just got off the phone with your customer service department and he informed me that he is located in Phoenix, Arizona.

SR: Yes.

Mr.: So you're admitting that your customer service department is in Phoenix, Arizona?

SR: Yes, that's where our call center is located.

MR.: You mean to tell me that it is in another state?

SR: Would you rather it be in the Dominican Republic like it used to be?

MR.: silence...

SR: If you would like to speak to someone here in Michigan about your bill I can transfer you.

MR.: Are they in Pontiac?

SR: Yes. They are in the next department

MR.: In Pontiac, Michigan?

SR.: Yup.

MR.: Well, I guess.

SR.: Just a moment.

MR.: ....... uh, thanks

It's not a top secret government mission that our call center is located in a different state. Were you expecting me to deny it and try to cover it up? If you were, I'm sorry I disappointed you.

No comments:

Post a Comment